Sivana Lavine is the Program and Education Manager for the Alzheimer’s Association California Southland Chapter. Sivana holds a Master’s in Public Health (MPH) with a concentration in Health Education and Promotion and is a certified health education specialist (CHES). Before her role at the Alzheimer’s Association, Sivana worked with diverse, low-income older adults as a Service Coordinator for Menorah Housing Foundation for five years. Sivana’s areas of expertise include case management, health education, community engagement, and outreach.
- 24/7 Helpline for information, referrals & emotional support. Talk with a caring professional about your questions and concerns anytime, day or night, with help available in over 170 languages at 800.272.3900.
- Education programs for people with memory concerns, family caregivers, friends, the public, and professionals. Topics include: brain heath, communication strategies, responding to behaviors, legal & financial planning, and more.
- Support Groups for families dealing with Alzheimer’s and related disorders. Connect with others, share information and learn skills to solve problems. Care Consultation with our clinical staff for assessment & planning around issues such as safety, future care, and management of challenging situations.
- Online Tools accessible through our award-winning website alz.org, which offers reliable information and resources on a wide range of dementia and care topics.
- Information and fact sheets translated in several languages, including: Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese.
- MedicAlert + Safe Return®: a national registry and identification bracelet for persons with memory loss and their families.
- TrialMatch®: a free matching service that connects individuals with Alzheimer’s, caregivers, and healthy volunteers to current clinical studies.
“This has been a wonderful opportunity for learning more. Thank you for all the information. I am leaving with a feeling of hope and confidence.”